Marriage is the most important decisions in anyone’s life. It brings two souls together and is a knot for the rest of our life after the day it took place. It is a saying that “Marriage is just two imperfect people unwilling to give up on each other” but it teaches you much more than that. Here are some of the life practical lessons that anyone can learn only after he/she got married:
1. Expectations doesn’t fulfill always. Having expectations from your partner is good but don’t rely completely on that. Accept the fact may be sometimes your expectations will not be fulfilled and you have to deal with it.
2. No one can love you more than your parents. This is hard to accept truth but it’s completely true. Your husband and your in laws can take care of you and can be supportive but they cannot take the place of your parents.
3. Personal space is very important after marriage. Even if you are married and madly in love with each other but you can’t share each and everything with your spouse as you are still two individuals who should respect each other privacy and space.
4. Cheating and doubts can ruin your marriage. Even if you are having rough time and troubles in your marriage, cheating is not the solution. Doubts can destroy your marriage as it is the inability to trust the other person and trust is one of the most important factors in a marriage.
5. Marriage will be a roller coaster ride. There will be ups and downs in your married life, there will be happy and bad moments also but how you stand by your partner is very important. When hard time come don’t think it is the end because it’s normal in every marriage.
6. You can’t escape sacrifices and compromises. In marriages couples have to adjust, sacrifice and compromise with each other. Once you will be married you will get to know how hard you can’t get away without making any adjustments and compromises.
7. Change will be the only constant in your married life. Accept the fact that you and your spouse will change with time, situations and responsibilities will also change. You can’t be the same person as you were 10 years back, situations change and so with time everyone around you will also change.
8. Money matters in life. Life is not a fairy tale where you can survive only with love; you need money to give yourself and your children a good life where you can get all the basic necessities. Money is not everything in marriage but yes to some extent it matters.
9. It’s not true always that opposite attracts each other but you should also not marry the person with the same interests and likes. There should be something different about the couples who marry, if you both are of same nature your marriage can be in trouble.Two angry persons cannot be a couple as they will always end up fighting. If one is aggressive then the other person should be calm.
10. There is no shame in apologizing and saying I am Sorry. We all are humans and we all make mistakes, its better to not have ego problems with your spouse and be the first one to apologize. Always focus on positive traits of your partner and not on the negative ones.