Fennel seeds, also known as Saunf in Hindi, is an essential ingredient found in our kitchens. It is a flavourful and aromatic herb that has several culinary and medicinal uses. It is useful for relieving many health issues from congestion to diabetes.
Following are some of the amazing health benefits of fennel seeds.
1) It is rich in Iron, that is essential for the formation of hemoglobin, and thus it helps in treating Anemia.
2) Fennel seeds are also rich in potassium that helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
3) It is often used to treat serious digestive ailments like constipation, intestinal gas, as the seeds have antispasmodic effects.
4) It helps improve women’s health. Its ability to stimulate the production of estrogen, relieving menstrual cramps, menopause pains and sometimes helpful in treating hormonal imbalances as well.
5) Fennel seeds are a rich source of fiber that helps promote weight loss. It decreases the storage of fat and improves nutrient absorption.
6) Fennel seeds tea helps flush out all the toxins and excess fluids from your body and reduces the risk of urinary problems and also reduces water retention.
7) It has an antioxidant, Beta-carotene, that reduces the cholesterol levels in diabetes patients.
8) It helps beat bad breath. Chewing of a few fennel seeds give a refreshing breath after a meal.
9) It helps in improving the eyesight. It contains Vitamin A which is important for a healthy eyesight.
10) Fennel seeds tea helps in cleansing your body, which also improves the health of tissues and joints, thus relieving arthritis pain.