Spices are the most important thing in making a dish more flavourful. One of such spices is Cumin seeds (in Hindi- Jeera). It is one the main ingredients in the Indian cuisine. Cumin is made from the seeds of the ‘CuminumCyminum’ plant. Cumin is brownish in colour and used in making a dishbecause of their flavour and aroma. Cumin has extremely healthy benefits.
1) It helps in promoting a healthy digestion by increasing the activity of digestive proteins.
2) It is a very rich source of iron. It helps in treating Anemia, as it makes the blood rich in hemoglobin content and supplies oxygen to the cells in the body.
3) It contains Vitamin E that prevents the ageing signs. It improves moisture and elasticity of the skin. It acts as an antibacterial and antioxidant to protect the skin from damage and provides you with a healthy skin.
4) It also contains potassium which helps in regulating the fluid in your body and thus maintains your blood pressure. Potassium also maintains a healthy heart rate and improves the heart functioning.
5) Cumin water help in boosting your metabolism and reduces weight. It is a great detoxifying agent and helps detoxifying all the toxins from your body.
6) It strengthens your immune system. It contains Vitamin C which is beneficial to those who has weak immune system. It lowers down your stress, blood pressure, reduces the risk of heart strokes, fights oxidative stress that leads to cancer.
7) It is a rich source of calcium that strengthens your bones. It helps relax sore muscles and build strong bones, which reduces the chances of osteoporosis.
8) It has antibacterial properties that help to fight infections and illnesses like common cold, flu.