Honey is thick and sweet liquid made by honeybees using nectar from flowers. Honey has been used since ancient times as a sweetener and for medicinal purposes. It has several health benefits.
1) Honey is very useful for skin as it has nourishing properties. It is used in various Face packs for glowing skin, for dry lips and also useful for treating wounds, bruises, because of its antiseptic properties.
2) Honey helps in weight loss. You can have it early in the morning in warm water on an empty stomach. It helps in improving metabolism, burns fat which help in reduce weight.
3) Honey is used as a replacement for sugar in your diet. Sugar simply leads to high blood pressure, increased body weight. So you can use a small amount of honey as sugar’s substitute.
4) Honey helps in treating cough and throat infections. Just a small amount dose of honey will relieve the nocturnal cough and allow proper sleep.
5) Honey helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases because it contains flavonoids and antioxidants.
6) Honey is an excellent source of natural energy as the natural sweetener present in it gives a quick boost of energy. This works as a wonder when you are working out and for weight loss too.