Peanuts are easily available almost everywhere in India and other parts of the world. They are generally taken as snacks by many people in India. They are also called as groundnuts and Mungfali in Hindi. Peanuts originated in South America. Peanuts, actually belong to legume family, but they are recognized as nuts. They are used for making peanut butter, peanut oils and other various products.Above all they are very nutritious and have amazing health benefits.
1) Peanuts are an exceptionally rich source of protein.
2) Peanuts are a good source of insoluble dietary fiber, which can be considered an effective component of a weight loss diet.
3) Peanuts contain mono-unsaturated fatty acids that lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body.
4) Peanuts are a great support for your heart as they include the good fats that facilitate good functioning of your heart. The antioxidant, Resveratol in peanuts prevents heart strokes by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
5) Peanuts help promoting a healthy skin. The fats in peanuts help skin cells to strengthen their cell membranes and prevents excessive water loss.
6) Peanuts are good for proper growth and development of body as they are rich in proteins and amino acids in them.
7) Peanuts also reduces the risk of gallstones. Gallstones are semi-solid blobs of bile acids that may have cholesterol in it.
8) Peanuts contain manganese that helps in fats and carbohydrates metabolism and regulates sugar level in blood.